Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December everyone!

My pen hasn't been all too intrepid of late but hopefully with life slowing down that wont be the case for long. My traveling has finally come to a momentary end. I've been all over the past month and now I'm here at home to do school and enjoy the winter.

Snow, lots of snow. Snow is so white, beautiful and lately it has been quite bountiful. In the last three days I've cleared our large driveway twice, spending about four hours at it total. I've actually really really enjoyed it, not only because I get to listen to Mumford & Sons but I get time to pray and be in God's presence. Today I realized just being in his presence in silent worship is far from a waste of time. Watching the snow fall to the ground, listening to the silence around I worship that God who I know is there.

Another recent thought: What if we listened to God like we listen to music? Listen to the same stuff over and over, hearing all the individual elements, getting excited when you find something new, listening all day long. What if we read the Word of God like this? I wish I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment