Sunday, September 26, 2010

A New Friend

So this weekend has been rather wonderful. On Saturday I went to an antique market where everyone who collects stuff from grandma's attic comes and sells stuff to people who wish they're grandma had a cool attic. There's stuff from wars and countries past and irons, cameras, accordions, money, boxes, typewriters, postcards, family photos, you name it. It's all old too, really old. One of the many wonderful parts of living in the middle of such a fascinating place like Europe is the history. I got two coins from two different countries from two different times and both coins were used in that same town. Craziness.
We were having a great time looking at all the art and nic-naks when what should I see on a coat hanger but a poor old mandolin. I asked the owner to see it and despite the obvious signs of age it seemed to be in pretty good repair. It only had two sad strings on it but I thought it was worth a shot. I walked away with my brand new antique mandolin and only 15 less Euro. ($20) I was very satisfied to say the least.
Today I got a much needed hair cut that cost about the same as the mandolin and while we were at the mall I got some strings for the mandolin and now we're in business! As far as I can deduct by the scribble on the inside of my mandolin, today is it's 39 and a half "birth" day, sort of exciting to have gotten in yesterday.
Anyways, I hope everyone else enjoyed their weekends as much as I do, do share! Also, any good names for my new friend?
Take care everyone and know that God does bless.
In Christ our Savior.
Michael



1 comment:

  1. How about calling it "Motyl" - butterfly in both Slovak and Czech?

    ReplyDelete