Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tomorrow's Song

So there's an event that was supposed to just have happened on the 27th but I thought I would join in late. Jon Foreman suggested everyone write a song and the title "Tomorrow's Song" was picked and now there have been over 250 of these like-titled songs written. Here's mine.


Pray the last two hours back just to worry them away,
Yesterday we were all still kids but we're all grown up today,
No more time to sit on the roof and dream about revolution,
Everyone has gone along and gone to something new,
May not have made up our minds on what to do but we're doing it,
I've settled down in a familiar town in a comfy chair,
Just to watch myself lose my hair,

Oh tell me is this tomorrow's song?
Whatever happened to all our dreams?
Oh tell me is this tomorrow's song?
I never saw the shift in priority, has this happened to me? Oh!

We all have lives,
Will we choose to live?
We can change this would with all we can give,
And will we stand?
Or just take a seat?
Tell me are you Man or a piece of meat?

We can write tomorrow's song,
We are the generation of the strong,
It's not just about the way we greet the people living in the street,
Putting shoes on every orphan's feet,
Or trying not to drink so much,
It's the way we live day to day,
A quite rebellion in every heart,
Crying out for a second start,

Oh tell me is this tomorrow's song?
Can we still try to live our dreams?
Oh tell me is this tomorrow's song?
What if the whole world sang along?

No comments:

Post a Comment