Friday, March 11, 2011

What do you want to be remembered as?

I've heard a lot of questions like this before but I've never really taken many seriously. Context I guess. When Kyle asked this I was open to think. It wasn't "What do you want on your grave stone" or stuff like that, it was worth thinking about because it made a difference. The answer to that question should shed light on how you live your life day by day, or at least how you desire to.
After some thought, pushing past all the different answers that sounded good and all the things that came to mind, I found the core of the honest truth of what I wanted to be remembered as. Whenever I leave a place, be it a room, a lunch, camp, conference, state, country or life, I want to be remembered as a man who knew God. A man who was familiar with God, was in His counsel, chilled with Him a lot, however you want to put it. This is it. Am I that guy? No, I know I'm not but that wont stop me now. I turned 18 two days ago, I'm young and God is always waiting to hang out.

Now I don't want you to feel pressured to think mine is the only good answer (or a good answer at all) but I want to ask you the same question. Who do you want to be remembered as?

No comments:

Post a Comment