Monday, October 24, 2011

Romans 15 and Haiti


Romans 15:19-20
"And so I have made it my aim to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, 
lest I should build on another man’s foundation, but as it is written: 
      “ To whom He was not announced, they shall see;
      And those who have not heard shall understand.”

On January 3rd I am going to Haiti with a Hand full of friends to minister to the Haitian people through a kids' camp. I have never been to Haiti before and know a very small something about it. I do know the heart of God though and I look forward to this trip with much seriousness, expectation and joy. This is a moment for God to shine and my hope is simply to be a lantern of the Light and be a tool of glory for my Lord Jesus Christ's name sake.
We're going into a culture that wasn't raised on Veggie Tales, "In God We Trust" or in towns with multiple churches on the same street. We're not going into a world we can relate to. We're going into a world where the name of the creator of the world, the name of Jesus has no previous connotations. This has been a calling to me, if not of the Lord of my own heart. I desire so much to share the Truth of Jesus Christ with those who have never known how much they need Him. There is nothing more than this.

1 comment:

  1. You're coming to Haiti in January? That's amazing! Can't wait to see you there!

    ReplyDelete